Friends 02-17-17 Agenda & Minutes
BCCLS FRIENDS of the Library Committee Agenda
Friday, February 17, 2017, 10 am
River Edge Public Library
- Approve Minutes from 2/1/17 Meeting
- Old Business
- New Business:
- March 8 Workshop-see below
- Review dates for upcoming workshops-see below
- Adult Programming: any interest in attending “Library Jamboree” at Princeton Public Library, Tuesday, March 14, 10 am-3:30 pm? The BCCLS Adult Services Committee is considering hosting a Performers’ Showcase; nothing committed at this point.
- Next meeting date
March 8 Workshop: “Fundraising = Profile Raising”
River Edge Public Library, 10 am – 12:30
Snow Date is March 15, 10 am-12:30 pm
- Eventbrite link is now up: committee should rsvp too-
- Include a call to submit tips and ideas with event invitation (submit to email@example.com) for program packets.
- Cover the legalities (invite a lawyer?)-but specify not getting into gaming licenses @ this time
- Speakers: ?
- Themed small groups
- “Biggies”-Glen Rock’s upcoming mini golf, book sales, (like Glen Rock’s past sales), Edible Book Festival (Rutherford, 4/2/16), Community Celebrity Bartending @ Growler & Gill (Northvale), Trips (Nutley), etc.
- “Smalls”-Barnes & Noble, Mooyah, etc.
- Long term: sale of coloring books, pens, membership dues, etc.
- Additional category?
May 4 – Programming Showcase?-Maywood
October 24- Friends Breakfast
December 5 (with a snow date of December 6)-or alternate dates-Hasbrouck Heights?
NJ Department of Consumer Affairs (oversees Legalized Games of Chance)
To guarantee a number of attendees, consider inviting community organizations and municipal clerks (as along as they will be guaranteed CPEs). This will both fill the room and hopefully help strengthen relationships and partnerships.
BCCLS Friends Committee Meeting Minutes
Friday, February 17th, 2017
River Edge Public Library 10:00 AM
Present: Ellen O’Keefe, Chair – Northvale Emiliana Tuohey – Fair Lawn
Camille Valentino – Emerson
Jeanne Sylvester – Nutley
Daragh O’Connor – River Edge
Darlene Swistock – BCCLS
Donna Perkosky – Paramus
Melissa Singlevich – Hasbrouck Heights
Robin Rockman – Oradell
Georgene Betterbed – Glen Rock Friends
Lynn Kloss – Teaneck Friends
Ella Urdang – Englewood Friends
Georgene Moved to approve the minutes; Ella seconded
March 8th – “Friendraising” workshop: Fundraising/Profile Raising
- Email went out calling for tips, ideas, flyers; deadline: Friday, 2/24/17
- Run like an event fair, 3 sections:
- The Marketplace: items to sell; Bring examples and vendor recommendations. Daragh O’Connor /River Edge/ to host.
- Low Hanging Fruit: Easier, smaller events; speakers: Georgene Betterbed Glen Rock, Emiliana Tuohey / Fair Lawn.
- The Oscar$: Big events: speakers: Kathy Brunet / Northvale, Jeanne Sylvester / Nutley
- Close with “Razzies,” fundraisers that flopped; how to avoid volunteer fatigue.
May 4th – Programming Showcase: Maywood Public Library 10:30AM – 12:30 PM
- Looking to partner with Adult Services Committee
- October 24th: Friends Breakfast
- December 5th (Snow date: December 6th): TBD
Next Meeting: April 7th 10:00 AM @ Maywood (confirmed)
Jeanne moved to adjourn at 11:15 am; Camille seconded.