2019.09.25 F&T (Friends) Minutes
BCCLS Friends and Trustees Committee Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, 9/25/2019 at 3:00 pm
Glen Rock Public Library
Present: Jeanne Sylvester, Nutley, Darlene Swistock, BCCLS, Ellen O’Keefe, Glen Rock, Emiliana Tuohey, Fair Lawn, Lynn Kloss, Teaneck Friends, Lisa Traina, Trustee Hasbrouck Heights,
- The minutes of September 10th were approved.
- Discussion of BCCLS 40th Anniversary Campaign
- The committee acknowledges and appreciates the efforts of Georgene Betterbed and Patricia Durso on the BCCLS 40th Anniversary campaign.
- Discussion of Ad Journal for Breakfast
- The date for final submission of ads was extended to October 1st. Emiliana is setting up the Ad Journal. Impressive Printing had the best price quote at $475. BCCLS content and filler is still needed. Jeanne will insert door prize raffle tickets once we receive the ad journals. It should be sent to the printer by Oct. 15
- Other Breakfast News Darlene reports approx 250 tickets were sold. Lisa is taking over Gift Baskets-20 have been promised so far. Hopefully there will be 30 or more baskets. Ellen will coordinate transportation for author Jane Green, cost of $1500. Lynn has gotten mums for the tables-in foil approx 7.50 each. Georgene is getting the plaque for Jane Green. Jeanne will contact libraries and Friends groups to encourage car-pooling. Committee members agree to transport baskets to event. Ellen will send out a Milestones email.
- Discussion of Timeline
- Lynn is sending out the Ticket, basket reminders 10/1.
- Final count by October 1- Regift basket/door prize assembly date is Monday, 10/7, 1:30 pm at BCCLS office.
- System Council meeting on Thursday, 10/17 will collect more baskets and door prizes
- Discussion of Scholarship Committee
- The Scholarship Committee will be asked: 1 person to help count the basket money, 1-person help wrap the re-gifts, 1-person to help count the raffle money. Jeanne, Jen and 1 Scholarship will count the raffle money. Raffle tickets will be sold for $5 each.
- Next meeting-Friday,10/18 at the BCCLS office at 10 am.
Submitted by Jeanne Sylvester, BCCLS Friends & Trustees Committee