2019.07.15 F&T (Friends) Meeting Minutes
Minutes for BCCLS Friends Meeting
Glen Rock Library
Attendees: Georgene Betterbed, Glen Rock Friends; Patricia Durso, Allendale; Lynn Kloss, Teaneck Friends; Tom Madrut, Park Ridge Trustee; Jenifer May, Secaucus; Ellen O’Keefe, Glen Rock; Darlene Swistock, BCCLS; EmilianaTuohey, Fair Lawn; Jeanne Sylvester, Nutley; Peter Wendrychowicz, Mahwah Trustee
1. The Minutes of the Friends Meeting of June 18 were approved.
2. BCCLS 40th Anniversary PR Campaign
Patty Durso and Georgene Betterbed are leading the campaign and proposed several avenues:
- 40 Years, 40 Stories: interviews with BCCLS users across a wide range of experiences and demographics who tell why BCCLS has been meaningful to them. Suggestions for interviewees will come from library directors and others.
- Newspaper Coverage: Emiliana will find names at the Record who might write a story.
3. Friends Breakfast
- Seasons Menu and Parking: Tabled for now, but will be discussed soon.
- Ad Journal: Jen is waiting for quotes from four printers. She has a list of 80 vendors from NJLA.
- Silent Auction Baskets: we will suggest to focus on experiences, such as tickets to events, restaurants, etc.
- 50-50 Raffle: Georgene has sent the application for a license to Trenton. She has the tickets, which Tom and a person-to-be-named-later will sell at the Seasons. Pricing TBD.
- Table Centerpieces: Lynn has a quote from Perry’s in Glen Rock for mums: $7.50 for 6-inch and $10-12 for larger pots, wrapped in burlap, lined, and delivered. It is a labor-intensive process, so discounts were not available. Final arrangements, including color choices, can be made in early October. She will also ask Metropolitan Plant, Stop and Shop, and Whole Foods for donations in exchange for an ad in the journal. She will not approach ShopRite, which might be tapped for a larger donation. She will also ask Donna about centerpieces she purchased a few years ago for the Breakfast.
- Jane Green Logistics: Georgene delivered a proposal to Boiling Springs Bank to cover these costs. If this doesn’t fly, she will approach ShopRite.
i. Reservations should be postmarked by September 28.
1. July 15: On sale date is August 1.
2. August 1: Now on sale, with linked Reservation Form.
3. September 3: Reminder, with linked Reservation Form.
4. September 16: Targeted “we haven’t heard from you” to 2018 Friends/Libraries that haven’t responded.
5. September 23: Friends Focus to include a “last call” for tickets, with linked Reservation Form.
4. Next Friends Focus: On August 26 and September 10, Lynn will send out a call for dates for late-September through the end of the year.Pub date is September 23.
5. Winter Workshop: The topic will be Grant Writing, and it will be held in early 2020 (replaces Committee Charge #4). This program will be planned after the Breakfast.
6.Next Meeting Date: Wed., August 14 at 9:30 in Glen Rock.
7. Adjournment of Friends by 11:21 am.
Submitted by Lynn Kloss