Friends 11-27-17 Agenda & Minutes
Committees & Task Forces
BCCLS Friends of the Library Committee Agenda
Monday, November 27, 10:30 am
Hasbrouck Heights Public
What Friends Can Do Event
Tuesday, December 5, 9:30 am @ Hasbrouck Heights
New Snow Date: Tuesday, December 12, same time & location
- Review Advocacy Handout
- Tentative timeline:
8:30 am Committee Arrives for Set up
9:30 am Coffee
10:00 am Raphael w/ time for Q&A
10:30 am Erin @Fair Lawn “Engaging Teens” w/ time for Q&A
10:40 am Oradell “Use Your Library Voice” campaign w/ time for Q&A
10:50 am Georgene-”One Upmanship” w/ time for Q&A
11:00 am Speed Dating of best programs & ideas
11:30 am End
- Committee Luncheon after December 5 event?
- Set an early 2018 Committee Meeting
BCCLS Friends Committee Minutes 11/27/17, 10:30 AM Hasbrouck Heights Public Library
Present: Jeanne Sylvester, Nutley; Darlene Swistok, BCCLS; Ellen O’Keefe, Glen Rock; Georgene Betterbed, Glen Rock; Melissa Singlevich, Hasbrouck Heights, Robin Rockman, Oradell; Ella Erdung, Englewood
I. Minutes: The minutes of November 3, 2017 meeting were approved.
II. Ellen passed around a committee report that was presented at System Council
III. December 5th Advocacy Event
- Approximately 26 registered, Ellen will send out emails to Directors and Friends on 11/28 and 12/1 to encourage more registrations.
- Handout content that Lynn Kloss prepared was approved and will be sent to Emiliana Tuohey to format. The timeline of events and speakers will be added to the handout.
- Ellen O’Keefe has been in contact with Raphael regarding his speech as well as soliciting ideas for the Best Program Speed Dating portion of the program from BCCLS libraries
- Room set-up was discussed and power-point and wifi will be used in the program
- Darlene will be at the registration table
- Melissa Singlevich will show the attendees the BCCLS Friends section in the Knowledge Base
- Ella Erdang will keep the speakers in a time limit and hold up cards if needed
- Members of the BCCLS Friends Committee will serve as “ringers” if help is needed in the Best Programs Speed Dating portion and recycle ideas from the March Friends Program of Friends Raisers and FundRaisers. Ten copies of the packet will be brought.
IV. Friends Focus Newsletter-due out in February-Ella will prepare a section on “How to Get Donations”
V. BCCLS Committees – remain through March but changes are possible for many of the BCCLS Committees. Please inform Ellen O’Keefe if you wish to remain on the committee in April.
VI. Discussion of Raffle License-committee members see the benefits of both “tricky tray” events as well as the silent auctions. There is much paperwork and record keeping required to have a raffle license and it was decided that it will not be pursued for the moment.
VII. Next meeting Lunch meeting at Rocca in Glen Rock-Wednesday, January 10th at 1 pm.