Friends 02-01-17 Agenda & Minutes
BCCLS FRIENDS of the Library Committee Agenda
Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 10 amBCCLS Office
- Volunteer recorder for today’s meeting
- Approve Minutes from 11/2/16 Meeting
- Review Committee charges
- Review Evaluation from 12/7/16 event
- Program ideas-set calendar
- BCCLS Friends Page and discussion on how to best disseminate handouts, etc. to Friends groups
- Next meeting date
Committee MembersEllen O’Keefe, Chair email@example.com Northvale
Camille Valentino firstname.lastname@example.org Emerson
Emiliana Tuohey email@example.com Fair Lawn
Melissa Singlevich firstname.lastname@example.org Hasbrouck Heights
Jeanne Sylvester email@example.com Nutley
Daragh O’Connor firstname.lastname@example.org River Edge
Darlene Swistock email@example.com BCCLS
Donna Perkosky firstname.lastname@example.org Paramus
Robin Rockman email@example.com Oradell
Friends ConsultantsElla Urdang firstname.lastname@example.org Englewood
Georgene Betterbed email@example.com Glen Rock
- Work with Scholarship Committee to host Annual Friends Breakfast in October 2017.
- Identify needs, develop and implement programs that foster thriving Friends organizations that build and strengthen relationships with library board, director, staff and the public.
- Develop funding advocacy toolkit. Work with the Government Relations & Public Policy and Public Relations Committees to develop materials to engage Friends groups and communities in funding libraries over ⅓ mill through the Johnson Legislation or other legislative actions.
Past Committee Events:2016:
- NLW Kickoff, How May We Help You?, Wed, 4/11/16, 10 am, Hasbrouck Heights, 42 attended
- Reach Out, Reactivate, Recharge, Wed, 6/1/16, 10 am, Maywood, 42 attended
- Learn How to Successfully Advocate & Promote, Wed, 9/21/16, 7 pm, Hawthorne, 38 attended
- Building Friends-Best Practices: orientation packets, mentoring programs, building relationships, Wed, 12/7/16, 10 am, Hasbrouck Heights, 28 attended
- Membership Development, 2/18/15
- Book Sales, 3/18/15
- Presentation by Panel of Experts on Legal, Organizational and Financial Issues for Friends Groups, 5/20/15
- Public Relations including social media, websites and newsletters, 9/16/15
- Fundraising (including Ebay), 10/28/15
- Relationships between the Friends Group, Library Board and Staff, 11/18/15
BCCLS Friends Committee Meeting
Wednesday, February 1, 2017
BCCLS Office- 10 am
Present: Ellen O’Keefe, Chair- Northvale Absent: Melissa Singlevich- Hasbrouck Heights
Camille Valentino- Emerson Robin Rockman- Oradell
Emiliana Tuohey- FairLawn
Daragh O’Connor- RiverEdge
Darlene Swistock- BCCLS
Donna Perkosky- Paramus
Ella Urdang –Englewood Friends
Georgene Betterbed- Glen Rock Friends
Lynn Kloss-Teaneck Friends
Jeanne moved to approve the minutes with revision and Donna seconded the motion which passed unanimously.
Biggest change regarding the committee charges is the Friends Committee will be responsible for the Friends Breakfast, being held on October 24th at Seasons.
Event dates for the year
Fundraising- March 8th with a snow date of March 15th at the River Edge Public Library- 10 am.
Group break aways-booksales, larger fundraisers, smaller fundraisers (seasonal), and long term fundraisers (trips). It was suggested that Friends groups provide “what they have learned” ahead of time so that packets could be provided.
May 4th- Showcase??
October 24th– Friends Breakfast
December 5th (with a snow date of December 6 th)
Next meeting date is Friday, February 17th 10 am at the River Edge Public Library.