2019.8.21 (F&T) Friends Minutes
Committees & Task Forces
BCCLS Friends (F&T) Committee
August 21, 2019
Glen Rock Library
Attendees: Georgene Betterbed, Glen Rock Friends; Patricia Durso, Allendale; Lynn Kloss, Teaneck Friends; Jeanne Sylvester, Nutley Library; Emilian Tuohey, Fair Lawn Library; Larry Bergmann, Livingston Trustee; Darlene Swistock, BCCLS Liaison; Tom Madrut, Co-Chair; Park Ridge Trustee and Ellen O’Keefe, Co-Chair, Glen Rock
Minutes of the July 15 meeting were approved.
BCCLS 40th Anniversary
- All thanked Emiliana for her hard work on the logos. Ellen following up with Dave Hanson on having logos on BCCLS home page.
- Patty and Georgene are pursuing coverage through northjersey.com. A complimentary ticket to Breakfast for one reporter could be offered.
- “40 Years-40 Stories” – Patty is crafting an interview script. Could be sent to directors who are interested in the campaign. Patty is also creating a message for directors to inquire with their local tv outlets.
- Parking-Jeanne will be the “Parking Person” to follow up with attending libraries and encourage carpooling.
- Ad journal: Jeanne will coordinate with Jenifer May to send word out to BCCLS libraries and Friends groups to advertise in the journal.
- 50-50 raffle tickets-license secured by Georgene. Tickets will be sold in the hallway opposite check in. Tom and Larry will sell. Ticket prices are three for $10 or $5 each.
- Centerpieces-Lynn is still trying to find a reasonable price on the mums. Will pursue Stop ‘n Shop and Whole Foods, offering a journal ad to sweeten the deal.
- Transportation-Georgene applied to Inserra Supermarkets for a $500 donation to offset cost.
- Ellen will reach out to Jane’s staff regarding a quote to be used in program.
- Thank you plaque-Georgene to handle.
- VIP Invitations will be sent out post-Labor Day to Freeholders, Pat Tumulty of NJLA and Tonya Garcia, NJLA President.
- Tickets-83 seats confirmed as of today. 267 to go!
- Baskets-Lynn will track; Georgene to supply 2018 data.
- Door Prizes-Ellen and Emiliana will oversee. Darlene to send out a “regift” email to directors to bring to September 19 System Council.
- ASAP-a message highlighting ad journal opportunity and a basket reminder asap. To be sent to directors and Friends groups.
- September 3-Breakfast ticket reminder with linked form
- September 16-targeted “we haven’t heard from you” to 2018 attendees with no RSVP.
- September 23-Friends Focus will have a “last call” for tickets link
Friends Focus-Lynn. Send out on September 23
Next meeting is Tuesday, September 10, 9:30 am, Glen Rock
Submitted by Ellen O’Keefe